Most recent update: Dec. 24.
ANSBACH, Germany (Dec. 18, 2015) – In the next few weeks, several U.S. federal holidays and German holidays take place, which will affect hours of services throughout U.S. Army Garrison Ansbach.
By executive order, most U.S. federal employees have been granted the second half of Thursday, Dec. 24, off from work. Friday, Dec. 25, Christmas Day, and Friday, Jan. 1, New Year’s Day, are both U.S. federal and German public holidays. Wednesday, Jan. 6, is Heilige Drei Könige, otherwise known as the epiphany or Three Kings Day, and it is a public holiday in Bavaria. Also in Germany, Christmas extends into Dec. 26, during which most stores will be closed.
Below is a list of services (at list that is still growing) that are scheduled to alter their service hours in the upcoming weeks:
- AAFES POST EXCHANGE: The PX will be open and have curtailed hours on the following dates: Dec. 24 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Dec. 26 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; and Dec. 31 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The PX will be closed Dec. 25 and Jan. 1. The PX has regular hours Dec. 27, 28, 29 and 30.
- ARMY COMMUNITY SERVICE: See FMWR.
- BANKING: The Katterbach and Storck branches of Community Bank will be closed Dec. 24, Dec. 25 and Jan. 1 and will only be open from 9 a.m. to noon Dec. 31; ATMs will be available 24/7. Service Credit Union at Katterbach Kaserne will be open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Dec. 24 and 31 and will be closed Dec. 25 and Jan. 1; ATMs will be available 24/7. To learn more about banking at USAG Ansbach, visit ansbach.army.mil/DirectoryB.html#Banking.
- BOWLING: See FMWR.
- CHILD CARE: See FMWR.
- COMMISSARY: The Urlas Commissary will be open Dec. 24 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., and it will be closed Dec. 25 and 28, as well as Jan. 1. Additionally, the Commissary will have temporary changes to their Early Bird hours from Dec. 20 through Jan. 2. To see these temporary changes, as well as their complete holiday hours, visit www.commissaries.com/stores/html/store.cfm?dodaac=HQCE4C&page=news. To learn more, visit www.ansbach.army.mil/DirectoryD.html#DeCA.
- COMMUNITY ACTIVITY CENTER: See FMWR.
- COMMUNITY MAIL ROOM: See MAIL.
- DENTAL: The Katterbach Dental Clinic will be closed Dec. 24 through 27, and Dec. 31 through Jan. 3. The clinic will have a dentist on call for dental emergencies. To learn more about dental services at USAG Ansbach, visit www.ansbach.army.mil/DentalMedical.html.
- DIRECTORATE OF EMERGENCY SERVICES: Emergency services will be available. In case of an emergency, call 09802-83-110 or DSN 110. For a comprehensive list of on- and off-post emergency services contacts, visit www.ansbach.army.mil/EmergencyNumbers.html. To learn more, visit http://www.ansbach.army.mil/DirectoryD.html#DES.
- DIRECTORATE OF PLANS, TRAINING, MOBILIZATION AND SECURITY: Closed second half of Dec. 24, as well as all day Dec. 25 and Jan. 1. To learn more, visit www.ansbach.army.mil/DirectoryD.html#DPTMS.
- DIRECTORATE OF PUBLIC WORKS: The Directorate of Public Works, including Housing, is closed Dec. 24, 25 and 26, as well as Dec. 31 and Jan. 1. DPW will also be closed Jan. 6 due to a German holiday. To contact DPW or any of its services, visit www.ansbach.army.mil/DirectoryD.html#DPW.
- FITNESS: See FMWR.
- FMWR: Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation encompasses many different services. To learn how these services’ schedules are affected, visit Holiday Hours Dec 2015. To look up schedules of specific services, visit http://ansbach.armymwr.com/europe/ansbach.
- HOUSING: See Directorate of Public Works above.
- INTERNAL REVIEW: Closed second half of Dec. 24, as well as all day Dec. 25 and Jan. 1. To learn more, visit www.ansbach.army.mil/DirectoryI.html#IR.
- LIBRARY: See FMWR.
- LODGING: See FMWR.
- OUTDOOR RECREATION: See FMWR.
- MAIL: Dec. 23 is the last day before the Christmas weekend that the Katterbach Post Office will be open. No finance services will be conducted Thursday, Dec. 24, to ensure arriving mail is distributed – this means official mail will neither be accepted nor processed. The community mail rooms at Barton Barracks, Shipton Kaserne and Storck Barracks are scheduled to remain open the week of Christmas through Dec. 24, until 6 p.m. The community mail room at Katterbach Kaserne remains open until 7 p.m. Dec. 24. To learn more about the Post Office at USAG Ansbach, visit www.ansbach.army.mil/DirectoryU.html#USPS.
- MEDICAL: Medical services at USAG Ansbach will be closed Dec. 24, 25, 31 and Jan 1. To learn more about medical services at USAG Ansbach, visit www.ansbach.army.mil/DentalMedical.html.
- PLANS, ANALYSIS AND INTEGRATION: Closed second half of Dec. 24, as well as all day Dec. 25 and Jan. 1.
- POST OFFICE: See MAIL.
- PUBLIC AFFAIRS: Closed second half of Dec. 24, as well as all day Dec. 25 and Jan. 1. To learn more, contact the office by visiting ansbach.army.mil/Contactus.html.
- RECYCLING: The recycling centers at Katterbach Kaserne and Storck Barracks are open from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday Dec. 24 and Thursday Dec. 31. The centers will be closed Friday Dec. 25, Friday Jan. 1 and Wednesday Jan. 6. All other normal operational hours should apply. To learn more about the recycling centers, their hours, or recycling in Germany or on post, visit ansbach.army.mil/Recycling.html.
- RED CROSS: Closed Dec. 25. To learn more, visit www.ansbach.army.mil/DirectoryA.html#RedCross.
- RELIGION: The Religious Support Office hosts a number of different special services due to the upcoming holidays. To learn more, visit https://ansbachhometownherald.com/rso-christmas-2015. To learn more about the Religious Support Office, visit ansbach.army.mil/RSO.html. Please note that the RSO section itself is scheduled to be closed Dec. 24, 25, 26 and 27, and Dec. 31 through Jan. 3. To get in touch with an on-call chaplain for urgent matters, call the Military Police Desk at 09802-83-3856 or 09802-83-3855, or DSN 467-3856 or 467-3855. In case of an emergency, call 09802-83-110 or DSN 110.
- RESOURCE MANAGEMENT: Closed second half of Dec. 24, as well as all day Dec. 25 and Jan. 1.
- SAFETY: Closed all day Dec. 24, 25 and 31, and Jan. 1 and 6. For more on the Safety Office, visit www.ansbach.army.mil/Safety.html.
- VETERINARY SERVICES: Closed Dec. 21, Dec. 23 through 25, and Dec. 29 through Jan. 1.
- WARRIOR ZONE: See FMWR.
- YOUTH CENTER: See FMWR.
This is not necessarily a comprehensive list, and we will update the list as notices arrive. We encourage community members to check back frequently.
Before visiting a facility or using a service, ensure they are open by contacting them. The garrison directory is located at www.ansbach.army.mil/Directory.html.
For on-post emergencies, call 09802-83-110 or DSN 110.