Story courtesy of Ready.gov
WASHINGTON (Sept. 10, 2017) — Life-threatening emergencies can happen fast. Emergency responders aren’t always nearby. You may be able to save a life by taking simple actions immediately. You are the help until help arrives.
According to a recent National Academies of Science study, trauma is the leading cause of death for Americans under age 46. Life-threatening injuries require immediate action to prevent an injured person from dying. Those nearest to someone with life threatening injuries are best positioned to provide first care.
Learn how you can help by taking time for yourself or by teaching your community life saving skills until help arrives:
- Until Help Arrives Instructor Guide (PDF)
- Until Help Arrives Interactive Web Tutorial (PowerPoint PDF)
- Until Help Arrives Curriculum (PowerPoint PDF)
- “You are Part of Our Team” (video)
- “Why You Need To Stop Bleeding Right Away” (video)
- You are the help promotional images and graphics (link)
Complete the You Are the Help Survey and earn your certificate