Come and join the party! USAG Ansbach’s Independence Day celebration is scheduled for Wednesday, July 4, from 6 to 11 p.m at the Boardwalk (in front of the Fitness Center) on Katterbach Kaserne. The official opening takes place a 6 p.m. with live music, food and beverages, fun and games following. Stay for a spectacular fireworks display after dark (around 10:30 p.m.)
DOs and DON’Ts of Independence Day:
* DO bring friends or neighbors; every ID Card holder can bring up to four guests to the fest. (Hosts are responsible for their guests at all times while they are on the installation). Normal guest sign-in procedures are not required during the event.
* DO bring your own refillable water bottles (free water available on site), but leave the throw-away plastics at home and support the garrison’s green effort to reduce plastic waste.
* DO NOT bring pets, coolers, glass (bottles, etc.), weapons or alcohol to the event. Try to leave large bags behind (subject to search upon entry).
* DO NOT set off any of your own fireworks/firecrackers etc. The unsanctioned, personal use of fireworks/firecrackers is never allowed on post (or off post at this time of the year); only licensed professionals sanctioned by the garrison are authorized to set them off.
SOFTBALL TOURNAMENT, July 4: A 1-Pitch Softball Tournament takes place July 4, starting at 7 a.m. at the Katterbach Adult Softball Field. For more information contact the Sports Office @ DSN 467-2810 or CIV 09802-83-2810.
FACILITY CLOSURES, July 4 & 5:
* Katterbach Recreation Center Annex will be closed July 4 in support of the Independence Day Celebration. Normal hours of operation will resume Thursday, July 5.
* Katterbach Bowling and Strike Zone will be closed July 5. Normal hours of operation will resume Friday, July 6.