– GERMAN-AMERICAN PARTNERSHIP CELEBRATION: It all goes back to a Franconian chimney sweep and an American band leader striking up an unusual friendship 36 years ago. When the two met in 1982, little did they know they were the founders of a long-lasting friendship and partnership between the city of Herrieden and the U.S. Army. Read about the ceremony celebrating the friendship that started more than three decades ago at https://ansbachhometownherald.com/celebration-marks-30-years-of-partnership-between-usag-ansbach-and-herrieden To view the photos, visit https://www.flickr.com/photos/usagansbachphotos/albums/72157695622297890
– ANSBACH PLASTIC-FREE WEEK , Sept. 23 – 30: Everyone is invited as USAG Ansbach Commander Col. Steven Pierce launches the inaugural PLASTIC-FREE WEEK in Ansbach at the Urlas AAFEES Exchange entrance Sunday, Sept. 23, at noon. Every day throughout the last week of September many local organizations are making a concentrated effort to change our community for the better, initiating programs and offering easy alternatives to plastic products! Check out videos, infographics and community events as well as practical tips and alternatives to reducing plastic at work and at home in Ansbach all week long at the Garrison Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/usag.ansbach.7
– IMCOM-E NCO SENIOR LEADER SEMINAR, INDUCTION CEREMONY – Thirteen new noncommissioned officers were inducted into the Corps at the Bismarck Theater at the Installation Management Command – Europe (IMCOM-E), 2018 NCO Induction Ceremony. USAG Ansbach was pleased to host this year’s event and congratulates the new NCO Soldiers and their families. To read the article and see the photo set go to https://www.army.mil/article/211211
– EMBEDDED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH (EBH) : A Coping Skills Group is offered every Wednesday at 3 p.m. at the Embedded Behavioral Health (EBH) clinic (2nd floor of the Dining Facility, room #217), starting Oct. 3. The group is open to all active duty Soldiers, no referral needed. Call DSN 314-590-3600 or CIV 06371-9464 3600 for an appointment or simply show up. Please note that the EBH clinic will be closed on Sept. 25 and 26. Soldiers can present to Behavioral Health in the Health Clinic on Urlas for any behavioral health treatment needs.
– OKTOBERFEST TRIP: Head to Oktoberfest with Outdoor Rec Sept. 22 and let them do the driving! The bus departs Storck Barracks at 1:30 p.m. and Katterbach ODR at 2:30 p.m., and returns approximately at 1 a.m. the following day. Trip includes transportation only. https://www.facebook.com/events/278090226354515
– DINNER & THEATER: The Terrace Playhouse presents an evening “All in the Timing” with dinner and four one-act plays at the Von Steuben Community Center Sept. 27, 28 & 29. Each will have drama, comedy and more drama! The cost of $20 per person includes dinner and theater! Purchase your tickets at MWR Central located on Urlas.
– CLIF, Oct. 3: On behalf of the Garrison Command Team, USAG Ansbach will be hosting a monthly Community Leaders Information Forum (CLIF) starting Wednesday, Oct. 3 at 11 a.m. at the Von Steuben Community Center, Building 5848, Bismarck Kaserne. We extend this invitation to the community leaders specifically, to ensure we’re providing timely and accurate community information. This forum is also open to any community member who would like to attend and receive the information first-hand. We look forward to working with you and thank you for your assistance in helping us make this ‘The BEST Hometown in Europe! https://ansbachhometownherald.com/new-community-leader-information-forum-launched-by-garrison
– AMAZING RACE: Army Community Services and the Ansbach Army Substance Abuse Program are joining in a community integrated resiliency event, built on the Amazing Race concept, Thursday, Oct. 4 at 7 a.m., at the Urlas mall parking lot. To learn more, visit https://ansbachhometownherald.com/amazing-race-highlights-programs-suicide-prevention-domestic-violence-awareness
– HEAT SHUT OFF, KATTERBACH HELIPORT, Oct. 8-9: The Directorate of Public Works is scheduled to repair the heat distribution system at Katterbach Heliport, Buildings # 9007, 5802, 5801, 5508, which makes a shut-off of heat necessary: Monday, Oct. 8, 07:30 a.m. to Tuesday, Oct. 9, 4 p.m. For questions call DSN: 467-2998 or 0162-2711 532.
– RETIREE APPRECIATION DAY, Oct. 17: This year’s Retiree Appreciation Day is scheduled for Oct. 17 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Von Steuben Community Center. To learn more, visit https://ansbachhometownherald.com/retiree-appreciation-day-2018
– COMMUNITY FLYERS: Looking for a particular announcement for a community event? Check out the new FLICKR album that collects various flyers from the community for your convenience at https://www.flickr.com/photos/usagansbachphotos/albums/72157669953707447
– ABSENTEE VOTING: Overseas citizen voters face a specific set of voting challenges, but USAG Ansbach provides you the information and resources so you can successfully vote absentee. To learn more, visit https://ansbachhometownherald.com/absentee-voter-week-oct-1-8-2018
– MFLC IS BACK: The Military and Family Life Counseling (MFLC) Program is back! The MFLC Program is open to all Active duty service members, National Guard and Reserve members, DoD expeditionary civilians, and their immediate family members or survivors, and provides flexible support for issues such as preparing for a move, nurturing a healthy family relationship, grief and bereavement, and much more. Military and family life counselors are available now to provide face-to-face, short-term non-medical counseling.
To make an appointment, call:
**12th CAB Embedded – 0175-486-6208
**ACS Katterbach – 0160-625-6487
**ACS Storck Barracks – 0160-625-9834
For more information, contact Army Community Service (ACS) at DSN 467-2883 or CIV 09802-83-2883.
– CALLING ALL GRADUATES: A Graduate Recognition Ceremony for 2018-2019 college graduates is scheduled for Nov. 15 at the Von Steuben Community Center,10 a.m. to noon. Participants who have completed their degree or are within two to three classes from their degree completion are qualified. Please contact USAG Education Center if you would like to participate. Deadline for applications is Oct. 24. DSN: 467-2817 or CIV: 09802-83-2817. https://www.facebook.com/events/294573377793615
– ASIST: Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST), the Army’s highest level of suicide intervention training will be offered Oct. 24 and 25 in the Katterbach Chapel’s fellowship hall (annex building). Both civilians and soldiers are eligible to take this course which emphasizes ways to interact and engage those who may be considering ending their life. The course is designed for first responders, those who people are likely to turn to for help under duress (e.g. law enforcement, counselors, medics, legal assistance employees, chaplains and their assistants, and the chain of command), but anyone in the community is welcome to attend. The point of contact is SFC Kristopher Norville, NCOIC of the Religious Support Office, at DSN 467-2317or 09802-83-2317 for more information and registration.
– WRAP IT UP! Ansbach volunteer groups can show their holiday spirit and raise money this season by partnering with the Army & Air Force Exchange Service during its annual community gift wrap program. Interested organizations can contact the Ansbach Urlas Main Exchange at 09802-9581627 for information on scheduling a time to participate in the program.
– WEDNESDAY NIGHT BOWLING LEAGUE: Sign up now for Wednesday night bowling league, starting Sept. 19 at 7 p.m. at the Katterbach Bowling Center. You can bring a team of four players, or sign up to join another team. No prior league bowling experience is required; service members can make up games missed due to training missions. To register, contact the front desk at the Bowling Center or call 0160-9655 4151.