– BANKS CLOSED: Community Bank branches will be closed Nov. 1 in observance of the German Holiday “All Saints Day.” They will resume normal operating hours Nov. 2 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at both centers.
– ALL SAINTS DAY: Allerheiligen (All Saints Day) is a Christian day to remember all saints, martyrs and deceased. Following “All Hallows’ Eve” (better known as Halloween), it is observed Nov. 1 every year in Baden-Württemberg, Bayern, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Rheinland-Pfalz and Saarland, as well as in Austria and Italy. Stores and businesses will remain closed for the day.
– FAST CLASS: The Ansbach Education Center offers a FAST (Functional Academic Skills Training) class every month (except December) to help you raise your General Technical (GT) score. The November class starts Thursday, Nov. 1 at 9 a.m. with the pre-test. The class will run Nov. 1 -15 from 8a.m. – noon, Monday through Friday (no class on Nov. 12). Pre-registration is required and must be completed no later than 4:30 p.m. Oct. 29. Registration is on a first come, first served basis. Please call DSN 467-2817 or CIV 09802-83-2817 for more information.
– JROTC VETERANS DAY: Save the date: The 9th JROTC Battalion invites veterans and community members to attend their Veterans Day program Nov. 7 at 2 p.m. at the Ansbach Middle High School Cafeteria.
– FREE ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE FOR DOD PERSONNEL: Members of the Department of Defense can now take advantage of a free 3-year subscription for antivirus protection. To learn more, visit https://www.bavariannews.com/dod-personnel-eligible-for-free-antivirus-software-for-home-use.
– FLU PREVENTION: What can you do to fight the flu? Visit https://www.army.mil/article/212240 to find out more.
– COMMUNITY FLYERS: Looking for a particular announcement for a community event? Check out the new FLICKR album that collects various flyers from the community for your convenience at https://www.flickr.com/photos/usagansbachphotos/albums/72157669953707447
– MFLC IS BACK: The Military and Family Life Counseling (MFLC) Program is back! The MFLC Program is open to all Active duty service members, National Guard and Reserve members, DoD expeditionary civilians, and their immediate family members or survivors, and provides flexible support for issues such as preparing for a move, nurturing a healthy family relationship, grief and bereavement, and much more. Military and family life counselors are available now to provide face-to-face, short-term non-medical counseling.
To make an appointment, call:
**12th CAB Embedded – 0175-486-6208
**ACS Katterbach – 0160-625-6487
**ACS Storck Barracks – 0160-625-9834
For more information, contact Army Community Service (ACS) at DSN 467-2883 or CIV 09802-83-2883.
– WRAP IT UP! Ansbach volunteer groups can show their holiday spirit and raise money this season by partnering with the Army & Air Force Exchange Service during its annual community gift wrap program. Interested organizations can contact the Ansbach Urlas Main Exchange at 09802-9581627 for information on scheduling a time to participate in the program.