– BE A BEE KEEPER: New bee keeper classes are being offered by the DPW Environmental in cooperation with the chairman of the Ansbach bee keeper club. The course will be held in English and is limited to 15 students. The class is scheduled to begin at the end of March with some classroom and on-hands training to follow into the summer. If interested, contact DPW Environmental at 09802-833424 or DSN 467-3424.
– LEGAL OFFICE CLOSED: The Legal Office will be closed on Friday, Feb. 25. The Claims Office and the Tax Center will remain open.
– CUSTOMS HOURS CHANGE: The U.S. Army Customs Agency-Europe, Ansbach Field Office hours of operations will change. The new hours are as follows: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – noon and 1 – 4 p.m. The last working day of the month, the office will close at 3 p.m. for training. Closed on Federal Holidays.
– CIF INVENTORY: The Ansbach Central Issue Facility (CIF) will be conducting their annual 100 % inventory Feb. 4-8. During that time their systems will be flagged and no transactions can be performed. The CIF will reopen for normal business operations Feb. 11. Please plan accordingly. Emergencies can be handled on a case-by-case basis; for further information call DSN 468-7315 or 468-7450.
– CIF HOURS CHANGE: The Central Issue Facility has modified their daily schedule in order to support the in-processing of the 5-4 ADA Soldiers. Walk-ins are only possible Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. For more information call DSN 468-7703.
– NEW POSTAL HOURS: Starting Feb. 15, the Consolidated Mail Rooms (CMR) and the Army Post Office (APO) will change their opening hours.
- APO Katterbach Kaserne: Mon., Wed. & Fri. 11:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- APO Storck Barracks Tues. & Thurs. noon – 5 p.m.
- CMR Katterbach Kaserne: Mon. – Thurs. 11:30 a.m. – 6 p.m., Fri. 1 – 6 p.m.
- CMR Storck Barracks Mon. – Thurs. noon – 5 p.m. , Fri. 1- 5 p.m.
- CMR Shipton Barracks Mon. – Thurs. 11 a.m. – 6 p.m., Fri. 1 – 6 p.m.
– CLIF, Feb. 6: The February Community Leaders Information Forum (CLIF) takes place March 6 at 11 a.m. in the theater on Bismarck Kaserne (new location!). CLIF questions and comments can be submitted from the USAG Ansbach ICE website in advance: https://ice.dis
– FUEL POINT CLOSED: The Barton Barracks fuel point will remain closed until further notice. The fuel point on Katterbach Kaserne is available for refueling operations