Garrison Change of Command
UPDATED LOCATION: The USAG Ansbach Garrison Change of Command will be August 19 at 1100 inside Hangar 2. Col Karen Hobart will relinquish command to Col Aaron Dixon. All are invited to attend. Parking is limited.
Each year, as summer ends and the new school year is about to start, the Ansbach community comes together to explore the many local organizations, agencies and services at the annual community showcase. The showcase allows new community members, as well as residents, to receive information from each organization, learn about new services, and receive updates for existing services, clubs and organizations. This year the showcase takes place Saturday, Aug. 20, in and around the Katterbach Fitness Center, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. This year’s theme is “Welcome to Franconia,” based on the region where Ansbach is located. Show off your Franconian (or Bavarian) attire as we celebrate living in this wonderful community. The Katterbach Fitness Center provides ample space for the many different organizations of USAG Ansbach. Representatives from Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation, Army Community Service, Auto Skills Center, Outdoor Recreation, Child & Youth Services, garrison agencies and private organizations, and many more will be on site.
As an additional information to the current situation, an overview of the German known efforts to achieve their own savings goals.
Germany aims to save gas:
- 6 – 7% by the industry
- 3 – 5% by cutting down power plants (gas to electricity)
- up to 2% by night energy-saving measures in public buildings
- 5 – 10% by private households, depending on how much gas can be saved in other areas
Starting September 2022 planned in Public buildings:
- No heating of Passage areas such as corridors – unless there are safety-related reasons
- Maximum heating for public buildings by 19 degrees – will not apply to clinics or other social facilities
- No more water heating at the sink by boilers – unless this is required for hygienic reasons.
- Switch off of unnecessary lighting
Planned private and commercial sector:
- Temporarily suspending clauses in rental contracts that stipulate a certain minimum temperature
- Private pools will no longer be allowed to be heated
- Gas suppliers and owners of larger residential buildings will need to inform customers about the expected energy consumption, costs and possible ways of saving energy
- Illuminated advertising installations switch off (10 p.m. to 6 a.m.)
Starting October planned in public, private and company buildings:
- Annual heating inspections become mandatory for buildings with gas heating systems
- Hydraulic balancing of heating systems proposed
- Replacement of inefficient, uncontrolled heating pumps in buildings with natural gas heating
Armed Forces Entertainment Show Lanakila’s Polynesian show will be held at the Sadowski Theater Aug 24 at 1800. Open to all community members to include local national employees. No tickets necessary.